Band Exercise Snapshot: Band Deadlift
By Dan Maio
Band Deadlift Description
This version of the deadlift is a great variation to do at home or when you have limited access to equipment. It can also be great for just working on form before trying weighted deadlifts.
Band Deadlift Steps
1. Start by stepping on the band with the arches of the feet. Start with a 1/2” band and work up to a 1” band.
2. Keeping a slight knee bend, bend over at the hips and grab one loop of the band.
3. Keeping your shoulders back and a tall chest drive your hips forward, squeezing your butt.
4. Once you get to a full standing position lower back down and repeat.
5. Start with 2 to 3 sets of 8-12 reps.