Barbell Exercise Snapshot: Front Squat
By Dan and Adam Maio
Front Squat Description
The Front Squat is one of the best exercises for your lower body and core. This movement trains your Core, Hips and Quads. It is also great for building pillar strength. The front squat is also a lot more spine friendly than the back squat. So if you have any back issues this is great option for your lower body training. It is also a great exercise to do as a precursor to Olympic lifting. Try adding this muscle building lower body workout to your routine today!
Front Squat Steps
1. Start with the bar resting on your collar bone and a light grip on the bar with your fingers.
2. Keeping tension in the core and keeping your elbows up and in start to lower down into your squat position.
3. Breathing into your abdomen lower until your femur is parallel to the ground.
4. Return to your starting postion, squeezing your glutes at the top. Make sure to keep a flat back throughout the exercise.
5. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to get in touch!