Barbell Exercise Snapshot: RDL
By Dan and Adam Maio
The RDL (Romanian Deadlift) is one of the best exercises for your lower body and core. This movement trains your Core, Lats, Hamstrings and Glutes. It is also great for building pillar strength. Since we constantly have to bend over and pick things up this is a great exercise to teach you how to lift with your core and glutes instead of your low back! The RDL allows you to work freely in space, as you would in every day life. It is one of the most beneficial exercises that you can do to build strength in your glutes. Try adding this muscle building lower body workout to your routine today!
1. Grab the bar with a shoulder with stance and knees slightly bent.
2. Keeping tension in the core, hinge at your hips, keep your arms straight and the bar close to your body.
3. Lower the bar to mid shin level
4. Keeping tension in the core and the bar close to the body, return to your starting position squeezing your glutes at the top.
5. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to get in touch!