Mobility Snapshot: Bretzel 2.0
By Dan Maio and Brittney Thornton-Doran
Bretzel 2.0 Description
This is the lower body version of the previously posted mobility move. It’s great for opening up both the internal and external rotators of the hips, which tend to be stiff on all of us! Because this is an active movement, it can be used as part of your warm up for any workout.
Bretzel 2.0 Steps
1. Sit with one leg in front, and the other out to the side (like a hurdler’s stretch)
2. Bend both knees to 90 degrees, and pull the toes back so that the ankles are 90 degrees as well.
3. You can prop yourself up with both hands on the ground.
4. Actively press the front knee into the ground
5. Then raise the back knee off the ground as high as you can.
6. Make sure the front knee continues to have pressure into the ground, and the hip stays on the floor.
7. Hold for 8-10 seconds, 4 times on each side.
Give this one a try this week and feel the difference a little mobility work can have!
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to get in touch!